Will I see you in Florida in a few weeks? I’m really excited about this upcoming extravaganza because for the first time I will combine all the three dimensions of feng shui – the space, time and spiritual dimensions.
And I’ll let you in on something…the real secret of successful feng shui lies in the spiritual dimension of the practice…what I call the MAGICAL dimension that focuses on the chi energy entities that live and exist alongside of us. Now if this sounds strange or frightening to you in any way it shouldn’t. You just need to know how to live with them and appease them…and how to engage and ask for their help in solving problems and overcoming difficulties. But don’t worry…I’ll be explaining this all in detail at the upcoming extravaganzas.
If you’ve never been to one of my extravaganzas, I highly urge you to make it to Florida, Singapore or KL this year. Most attendees return year after year and for good reason…they always leave with a substantial amount of useful knowledge that they can apply immediately to their particular situations and you’ll be able to do the same. You see my approach is always very practical and the guidelines I will give you are specific with regard to the important feng shui updates for 2015.
If you’re ready for a better and more successful year in 2015, then please do join me in Florida in just a few weeks! I look forward to meeting each and everyone of you personally. Click here for more information on the Florida Event.
Are You Superstitious?
Superstitions are curious things. The motivation behind them is usually beneficial, but often they defy good sense and logic. Some people ignore them totally and consider them to be nonsense, yet more often than not many observe the warnings because there’s nothing to lose in doing so. And why risk the consequences? Here are a few of the more common superstitious beliefs for you to consider.
- Mirrors – A mirror facing your bed directly is not only a superstition but a feng shui taboo as well. The old feng shui masters explain that this always brings a third party into the marriage. Superstition suggests that if a mirror directly faces your bed, the spirit of your sleeping soul may enter the mirror and may not be able to return to your body in the morning. You may get trapped in between sleep and being awake.
- Meeting a funeral – if you meet a coffin-laden hearse on your way to work, it symbolizes big success coming your way in your job or a promotion. The explanation is that the coffin will take away all your bad luck leaving you only with good fortune.
- Never sweep out, always sweep in. According to the Chinese, never use the broom to sweep outwards at the front of your shop. You should always sweep inwards from your main door and work your way to the back. This pulls in the luck. In fact, always take note that the front of the house is where the good luck enters and the back of the house is where the bad luck leaves. This fundamental concept does have implications when you are implementing feng shui recommendations.
- Breaking a plate – the Chinese believe that the breaking of plates or other ceramics is a very bad omen and if this happens to you, you should immediately counter it by saying: “Fa Hoi Fu Gui” which means “May Prosperity Blossom”. The next time something like this happens to you, do not forget to quickly counter the bad luck by saying something auspicious.
- Hanging cookware upside down – In America there is a style of hanging pots and pans suspended above the island in the kitchen. The Chinese frown upon this as it signifies there is nothing to cook and indicates the opposite of abundance.
- A wedding taboo – do not be a bridesmaid more than three times because this creates a negative effect on your own marital luck. You’ll have difficulty finding someone to settle down with and obstacles will manifest.
- Don’t whistle at night. You might be out for an evening stroll and unconsciously just whistle a tune. However, according to old folks this is something that will surely attract the attention of wandering spirits that will follow you home. Just put on your headphones and listen to some nice music as you walk.
- Protect your money luck! If you want to make sure that money doesn’t roll out of your business or home, don’t sit on the counter where you cash register is located. This is considered a really negative thing to do. Likewise, never sit on a desk or table that has your important documents inside one of the drawers.
- Ang pows should always contain an even number of dollars. It’s considered very inauspicious to place odd numbered amounts of cash inside a red envelope or ang pow. On happy occasions such as weddings and birthdays, money wrapped as gifts should have even numbers and better yet should end in the 8 digit, such as 188 or 168. An odd number of money is said to signify death.
Taking Care of Yourself While You Sleep…With Sea Salt!
We all need to protect ourselves and our inner vitality and chi even while we sleep. Try these two methods at the end of the day before going to bed – both involve the use of rock salt or sea salt. You’ll find they are simple, inexpensive and extremely effective!
HandswithSalt Cleanse Your Aura First: Begin by placing about 3-6 ounces (100-200grams) of pure sea salt (a form of rock salt that works very well) into a bowl, mix the salt around with you hands picking it up and rubbing your hands together vigorously…soon your hands will begin to tingle and you will feel the power of the sea crystals. Shake off any remaining salt.
Now, place your hands palms together over your head about one inch above your head. Gradually bring your palms down the body as if you were stroking your body until you reach your feet. While you are doing this imagine that you are brushing away and getting rid of all the negative energy and bad vibrations that you picked up during the day. Do this three times on each side of the body, then three times on the front and finish up with three times on the back of your body. Next shake out your hands and fling away any negative energy that may still be clinging to you. Get rid of it!
The final symbolic step is to wash your hands again in salt and then thoroughly with soap and water – removing any and all remaining negative energy once and for all. Do this every evening for a week and see how you are feeling – you should feel much lighter and much better!
Sleep Peacefully Tonight: After completing the cleansing ritual described above, place a glass of water mixed with rock salt (sea salt) on the table next to your bedside. You will be surprised at how well you will sleep as the sea salt continues to cleanse any and all the negative vibrations you have picked up and absorbed during the day.
You can do these together as described above or just do one or the other…they are very effective either way.
Consider cleansing your sleeping space as well – for example place your pillows and mattress outside in the sunshine for at least three hours to absorb the yang chi of the sunlight and remove any negative energy. You can also do an incense cleanse by lighting fragrant incense and then walking clockwise around the room three times to rid the room of any remaining negative chi.
Grand Master Lillian Too is undoubtedly the world’s most prolific and popular writer and advocate on living with good feng shui! She has written over 100 books that have been translated into 31 different languages, and over 10 million copies of her books have been sold worldwide.
After graduating with an MBA from Harvard Business School, Lillian went on to pursue a highly successful business career in banking and finance in the 1980’s in Hong Kong. Her business acumen, drive and abundant energy soon led her from the finance world to the world of luxury department stores and boutiques where, through a leveraged buy out, she became Chairman and shareholder of The Dragon Seed Group.
All the while she was guided and taught by her feng shui masters in Hong Kong and China – and she attributes much of her monumental and quick rise to success in Hong Kong directly to them.
Lillian soon decided to retire from active corporate life and return to Malaysia to raise her beautiful daughter, Jennifer, and spend more time with her family. It was at this time she began to devote her energy to writing and furthering her study of feng shui.
She published her first book in Malaysia in 1995 that quickly became a best seller and the rest is history. Today she is Chairman of Wofs.Com, a feng shui franchise and merchandising company run by her daughter, Jennifer Too.
She trains feng shui students and future consultants at her Certified Consulting Institute in Malaysia and is much loved by her readers, associates and students for the way she teaches practical feng shui in a user-friendly way, using ordinary situations and circumstances that interest people and affect their everyday lives.
In November 2009, at the International Feng Shui Convention in Singapore, the well-deserved title of GRAND MASTER OF FENG SHUI was conferred upon Lillian Too. Immediately following this accolade, in early January 2010, she received the prestigious Brand Laureate Personality of The Year Award presented by the Deputy Prime Minister of Malaysia! There seems to be no stopping her popularity and these days!
Lillian believes everyone should know her secrets and learn how to adapt feng shui to modern life… and she warmly welcomes you into her Mandala.
You can learn more about Lillian by visiting her website at www.lillian-too.com.
Lillian Too Mandala – North American Office
3840 Blackhawk Rd,
Danville, CA 94506
Toll Free Info and Customer Servce : 1 866 508 8806
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: +1 925 736 6177
Salt and Salt Lamps
Salt is a great cleansing agent especially if you are moving into a new home or when used in space clearing rituals. It’s particularly good when you need to remove stagnant energy from a piece of old furniture or next to your bedside as described above.
Salt lamps on the other hand are very harmful and do not have the power to cleanse. In fact, salt lamps will soak up all of your chi energy and you will feel tired and listless. They absorb all the good energy from the room including yours! Best to remove them if you are using them now.
Praise yourself as often as you can (and praise others too). This creates sustained expectations of success. The regular acknowledgement of your abilities and successes will inspire you to accomplish yet greater things!